At Mommy's Daycare, we work to create and provide a stimulating environment that meets the needs of each child. We offer a flexible and developmentally appropriate curriculum that is sensitive to the capabilities of each child.
We are an inclusive program, with a curriculum and environment that can be adapted to meet diverse learning and care needs.
We aim to offer them a program that meets their developmental needs through a curriculum that is age-appropriate and sensitive to the capabilities of each child. Our staff will strive to help each child the following:
- Promote independence and responsibility for each child
- Support social literacy, including socially responsible behaviour and positive problem-solving approaches
- Support emotional literacy, including awareness and respect for diverse values and feelings.
- Foster a love for learning through providing cognitive and problem-solving activities.
- Enhance each child's natural creativity and appreciation for aesthetic qualities and values.
- Promote confidence and a positive self-image through celebrating success.
Each week, we will have a program designed by a Registered Early Childhood Educator, which will be based on the "Theme of the Week." Our programs and weekly themes will be accessible to all parents on our bulletin board. Each program will include fun-filled activities in the following areas:
- Concept of the Day
- Circle Time/Story Time
- Discovery Table
- Arts and Crafts
- Letter and Colors Concepts
- Dramatic Play
- Sensory Experiences
- Music and Dance
At Mommy's Daycare, we strive to work collaboratively to resolve issues in a productive manner. As such, it is crucial for concerns to be addressed in a proactive and respectful manner.
When Mommy’s Daycare has identified a concern, we will reach out to the parent as soon as possible. Some examples include:
● Irregular attendance or chronic lateness
All communication between parents and staff, as well as the information you have provided on any of the forms, will be held in the strictest confidence. Mommy’s Daycare maintains and retains attendance records, staff records and child files as per the BC Child Care Licensing Regulations.
Students, Staff & Volunteers
Students, Staff & Volunteers
Throughout the year, Mommy's Daycare may have Early Childhood Education students completing practicum or volunteer hours within the centre. This is a benefit to our entire program, bringing in an extra set of hands, creative ideas and new activities. We will post an announcement on the bulletin board for your reference, in the event a new student or volunteer is joining the program.
All students and volunteers must have on file a current criminal record check, a physician's declaration of suitability, two letters of recommendation, and a resume. Students and volunteers are not left unsupervised with children at any time.